Instant Pot Italian Sausage and Bean Soup is a perfectly satisfying and easy one-pot dinner for a weeknight!
Instant Pot Italian Sausage and Bean Soup
Instant Pot Sausage and Bean Soup is a hearty, stick-to-your-ribs kind of soup. This is the kind of soup the carnivore in your family will love – and it’s so easy to make!
The recipe utilizes both the Instant Pot’s pressure cooker feature and the sauté feature. You start by sautéing the sausage, onion, and garlic together. After draining the grease, the remaining ingredients are added and the pressure cooker is set.
It’s so nice to be able to do both steps in one pot. I love that it means fewer dishes to clean! And the whole process is quick – Instant Pot Italian Sausage and Bean Soup will be on the table in under an hour.
The sausage adds a lot of flavor to the soup, and the beans add a great texture. Tomatoes and broth help all the tastes marry together in this soup. Top it off with some shredded parmesan and you’ve got a big bowl of comforting Italian flavors.
I often serve Instant Pot Italian Sausage and Bean Soup with a big Caesar salad and warm garlic knots.
Instant Pot Sausage and Bean Soup
- 1-1 1/2 lbs. Italian sausage links, casing removed or bulk sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans butter beans, undrained
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes or fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans beef broth
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- Shredded Parmesan, to top each bowl
- Hit the sauté button. Cook the sausage, onion, and garlic and cook until sausage is cooked through. Drain the grease.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cheese, and set cook time for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick pressure release.
You’ll also want to sign up for my free Instant Pot School for free recipes, a meal plan and color-coded grocery list. And you definitely won’t want to miss the giveaway sign-up too!