I love tea. My very, very favorite is Bigelow Constant Comment. But lately, I’ve also been loving the Spiced Chai and Vanilla Chai from Bigelow.
My afternoon snack almost always includes a cup of tea. My tea basket is always on the counter, ready for me to choose the flavor of the day.
But did you know you can also bake with tea?
I chose the Spiced Chai to make these muffins. They remind me a bit of coffee cake (tea cake?), but with more flavor. I topped them with cinnamon streusel. And of course, they’re perfect with a cup of tea.
The recipe and a photo of the ingredients is near the bottom of the post. But I wanted to give you a chance to share your recipes that are perfect for pairing with tea.
Link up any recipe you like that you love enjoying with your favorite cup of tea. If you’ve got a recipe that uses tea as an ingredient, we’d love to see that too! And if you have a post about Bigelow Tea, be sure to link that up as well. We’ll be pinning your posts on the Bigelow Tea Board and Recipes to Enjoy with Tea board. You can follow Bigelow Tea on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
‘); // ]]>
Here’s what you’ll need to make Spiced Chai Tea Muffins:
Spiced Chai Tea Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup strong brewed Bigelow Spiced Chai Tea
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
For the topping
- 5 Tbs. sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 5 Tbs. flour
- Stir flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- In a mixer bowl, mix butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add brewed tea, milk and vanilla to wet ingredients and mix till well blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir gently till well combined.
- Divide evenly between 12 muffin tins.
- Using a fork, combine all ingredients for topping until you have crumbs.
- Sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake at 400 degrees 15-20 minutes.
Disclosure: I have been compensated for my time and provided with samples from Bigelow Tea. All tea loving opinions are my own.