Last summer, I went all gaga for Chick-Fil-A’s banana pudding milkshakes. Oh my goodness! They were so good. As far as I know, they haven’t started selling them this summer. I don’t know if they will or not.
No worries though, I made a “Skinnier” version of the milkshake last year that’s easy to make at home. And now, we’ve got this ice cream recipe that’s super easy to make too.
I use the simple base recipe of half and half and sweetened condensed milk. I love not having to cook the ice cream or worry about raw eggs. This recipe comes together in about 2.5 minutes. Of course, you do have to wait for it to churn in the ice cream freezer, but the wait is so worth it.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Homemade Banana Pudding Ice Cream – (No Cook)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups half & half
- 3 Tbs. banana cream instant pudding mix
- 1 ripe banana sliced
- 1/2 cup broken vanilla wafers
- Whisk together the first three ingredients.
- Pour into freezer bowl of ice cream freezer.
- Freeze according to your ice cream makers instructions.
- During last 2 minutes of churning, add banana and vanilla wafers.
- Pour into container and place in freezer section of your refrigerator.
- Or eat soft-serve style right away.