I created this soup the other day when I needed something fast for dinner. If you’ve got cooked hamburger in the freezer, this meal really comes together quick. It’s a combination of Hamburger Vegetable Soup and Pasta Soup.
Feel free to vary the recipe according to what you like and what you have available in your pantry. It’s a good one for using up small amounts of pasta. You could also use rice or barley instead of the pasta. And you might want to add more veggies.
Here’s what I used:
Hamburger Pasta Soup
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 onion chopped
- 1-2 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 32 oz beef broth
- 15 oz diced tomatoes with liquid
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rotini pasta or other shape
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic in large pan over medium heat.
- Drain meat and rinse under hot water to remove extra grease.
- Put back in pan. Add green pepper, broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water. Bring to boil.
- Stir in pasta. Turn heat down and simmer for 10-15 minutes until pasta is cooked.
If you have an Instant Pot, you’ll also want to check out the Instant Pot Hamburger Pasta Soup recipe too!