Eggs, Monterey Jack cheese, bell peppers and a handful of fresh herbs from the garden. Deliciousness in a skillet.
The red and yellow bell peppers were my inspiration for this. I can’t seem to resist them when I’m in the produce department. Hopefully, I’ll be gathering red peppers out of my garden this summer, but until then I’ll have to gather in the Walmart produce section.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- a palm full of fresh herbs chopped – I used basil, rosemary and parsley
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in an oven-proof skillet.
- Sauté the onions and peppers until tender crisp.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, herbs, cheese and salt and pepper together.
- Pour over the veggies in the skillet.
- Let cook over medium heat, without stirring until the middle is set, about 7-9 minutes.
- Place in the oven, under the broiler until browned.
Serve with biscuits or cheddar muffins.
M @ Betty Crapper says
Frittatas are the perfect solution when you need a quick easy meal. Love your version.
Yum. This looks great. Thanks for the recipe (and beautiful photos)
Love Frittatas! Deliciousness is right!
Finally making this tonight (had to buy the oven-safe skillet) and it looks wonderful! You may want to include when to add the cheese in the instructions (unless I missed it somewhere) 😉 I forgot so I just tossed it on the top before broiling it…can’t wait to taste it!
Tracy F says
Does the cheese go into the egg mixture or does it go on top as it’s cooking in the skillet?
Tracy, mix the cheese with the egg mixture. I edited the recipe to include that. Thanks for pointing out the missing step!
Tracy F says
No problem! I made it & we’re eating it right now…yummy!
Thanks so much!