I could eat and eat and eat this butternut squash skillet. It is so good!
Our church had a potluck dinner before Christmas where someone brought a sweet potato dish that was out of this world. I searched for the cook and finally found that the very talented Lisa had brought it. She emailed me the recipe she used as inspiration.
I took the ideas and decided to use butternut squash instead of sweet potatoes. I also made mine a one-dish recipe by using an oven proof skillet.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
I peeled and cut my butternut squash, but you could save time by buying the squash that’s already prepped from the produce section. Cutting the squash only takes about 5 minutes if you use a sharp knife.
Easy Butternut Squash Skillet – My New Favorite Side Dish
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 butternut squash cut in bite sized pieces
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook garlic and onion in olive oil in a large oven proof skillet.
- Stir in the squash and other ingredients.
- Spread the squash out in an even layer in the skillet.
- Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes or until squash is fork tender.