I love soup. A warm bowl of soup with a slice of good bread or a muffin or biscuit and I’m a happy person. Here are more than 50 recipes to choose from. From classic comfort foods to soups with an ethnic flare, this list has them all.
- Taco Soup – A classic. Easy, lots of pantry ingredients, everybody loves it. Plus it makes enough for a big meal plus extra to freeze for another meal.
- Corn Chowder – Creamy and flavorful.
- Shaker Village Tomato Soup – Dress up a can of Campbell’s tomato soup. Pair it with a grilled cheese sandwich made with both cheddar and Swiss cheeses. Yum!
- Crockpot Chicken Soup – For those days when you really only have time to throw a bunch of stuff in the crockpot.
- Virus Killing Soup – Homemade chicken soup with the power to kick those nasty bugs away, thanks to the garlic. And it smells divine while it’s cooking.
- Hamburger Vegetable Soup – Easy, delicious and it makes a lot so you can freeze some.
- Calico Bean Soup with Smoked Sausage – Hearty, healthy soup made in the slow cooker and served over brown rice.
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – Super easy and absolutely delicious.
- Potato Soup – Humble, comforting and easy.
- Baked Potato Soup – Very good with all the flavor of a loaded baked potato. Plus you get potato skins that can be loaded and stuffed later.
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup – Hearty and creamy.
- Cheesy Chicken Chowder – Hearty, creamy and cheesy.
- Mel’s Diner Chili – Great chili and a great story.
- Pasta Soup – I made it up one night and the kids loved it.
- Chicken Posole in the Slow Cooker– A good slow cooker soup and a chance to try out hominy.
- All Veggie Vegetable Soup – Throw as many veggies in as you want and eat as much as you can.
- Broccoli Soup – Easy and delicious.
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup – Similar to the Broccoli Soup, but with the addition of cheese. Creamy and yummy. Double the recipe if you want leftovers.
- Vietnamese Style Chicken Noodle Soup – Easy and everyone seasons their own soup to their own taste.
- Humble Chicken Soup – Using simple, hearty ingredients in your pantry to make this satisfying soup even when the budget is tight.
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup – Easy, and full of great flavors
- Slow Cooker Chicken Minestrone – Loaded with vegetables, chicken and beans, the flavors meld together in the slow cooker and make this soup crave-worthy.
- Easy Chicken Tortellini Soup – Super simple, but with big, wonderful flavors.
- 15 Minute Creamy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup – All the flavors of your favorite comfort soup without the time investment. Perfect for days when you are busy are just a bit under the weather.
- Easy Thai Chicken Curry Soup – You make this in the slow cooker, and the flavors are bold and delightful.
- Chicken Avocado Lime Soup – Satisfying and warm with a bit of latin flavor.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Soup – Made from scratch, with a nod to the delicious flavors of Chicken Alfredo that we love.
- Split Pea Soup – This soup is assembly only. You put it in the slow cooker and walk away!
- Chicken Cock-a-Leekie Soup – This is based on a Scottish recipe, this soup is nourishing and comforting.
- Smoked Sausage and Sauerkraut Soup – It may sound off-putting to think of sauerkraut in a soup, but you really have to try it!
- Philly Cheese Steak Soup – This couldn’t be easier. A great nod to our favorite, famous sandwich. Slow cooker style!
- Carrot Soup – Easy, and good for you!
- Minestrone Soup – Healthy comfort food! This is a meatless slow cooker recipe.
- Chicken Vegetable Soup – Whole 30 friendly soup that the whole family loves!
- Ham and Bean Soup – Family favorite right here! Simple, and flavorful.
- Mexican White Queso Soup – We love queso, and it gave me the idea for this soup. It was a hit!
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup – I love potato soup, and this slow cooker version is a winner!
- Slow Cooker Pizza Soup – Super easy, throw-in-the-slow cooker soups are a favorite.
- Chicken Enchilada Soup – As a big fan of Tex-Mex flavors, I’m a big fan of this soup!
- Chicken Parmesan Soup – The hands-on time for this soup is 5 minutes, but it’s a delicious crowd pleaser.
- Chicken Barley Soup – Pure comfort soup in a bowl! Perfect for cold, winter nights.
- Cheesy Hamburger Soup – Hearty, Meaty soup that’s cheesy and satisfying.
- Homemade Tomato Soup with grilled cheese croutons – Twist on the classic combo of grilled cheese and tomato soup.
- Light & Healthier Potato Soup – This is a great choice if you are looking for a healthier
- Tomato Basil Chicken Soup – Creamy, summery and satisfying!
- Spicy Chicken Soup – You can use whatever you like in this soup, and it always turns out so well!
- Hamburger Pasta Soup – A filling, satisfying meal. You can tweak it to your preferences.
- Tortellini Meatball Soup – Family friendly and a great way to fill up hungry people.
- Smoked Sausage Cabbage Oat Soup – Filling, and flavorful. This is a perfect soup for wintertime.
- Cheese Soup – This is a knock off a soup I tried in Disney. I love it with pretzel rolls!
- Ham and Vegetable Soup – Here’s another easy, “assembly only” soup. Five ingredients in the slow cooker and you’re good to go!
- Creamy Potato Soup – Creamy, and great!
- Bean and Bacon Soup – Warming, satisfying and family friendly
- Ham Broccoli and Cheddar Soup – Filling and warm!
- Italian Sausage and Bean Soup – Fast, easy and perfect!
- Beef Vegetable Soup – Throw this in the crock pot and it’ll be ready for you at dinnertime!
Don’t forget to leave me your favorite soup recipe! Stay warm!
Jennifer Sikora says
This is my absolute favorite soup–Chicken Chili
Thanks for posting all these new soups. I saw several I want to try!
Jennifer, your chicken chili recipe looks really good. Thanks for sharing it!
Dawn Farias says
This is a fabulous list! I’m newish to your blog and I just love it. Thanks for sharing all your recipes!
I have tried 3 out of the 19 soups so far. They are great recipes. Thanks for sharing.
Alison @ Hospitality Haven says
Mmm…you totally just made me crave soup! Absolutely delicious recipes. I’ll be sure to bookmark this and pop in when I need a good soup fix!
I’ve loved every soup I’ve tried that you’ve put out but we keep going back to the chicken tortilla soup. I really think that’s our favorite.
Here is a fast, easy recipe that tastes better each day. I prefer hot Italian sausage. I make this recipe 4 -5 times each winter. Soup is my favorite food.
Italian Sausage Bean Soup
3/4 lb Italian sausage links, casings removed
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
15-1/2 oz can butter beans with liquid
15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
14 1/2 oz diced tomatoes with liquid
14 1/2 oz beef broth
1 tsp dried basil
2 Tbs shredded parmesan cheese
1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage, onion and garlic until the sausage is
2. Add beans, tomatoes, broth and basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
Connie, that Italian Sausage Bean Soup sounds really good. I’ll have to give it a try. Thanks!
We love soup around here, and these all look delicious! Here’s a link to three of my favorites and a fun presentation. http://elbowsonourtable.blogspot.com/2009/02/parting-shot.html
Lisa, thanks for sharing the link to your recipes. The Italian Wedding Soup sounds wonderful!
WHat great soups to choose from! Soups are served here 2-3 times each week in cold weather. I can’t get enough!
My hubby loves soup and I just dont have many soup recipes, so thanks! Here’s a link to a creamy version of chicken noodle soup I found on an omac blog that i did in the crock pot recently, it is so good!
Sabrina, thanks for the recipe link. One of my sons is crazy for chicken and noodles and that looks good and easy. Thanks!
I thought I’d share an amazing soup recipe with you in case you like asparagus. I used a lower-fat plain cream cheese with some onion powder or dried onions and some chopped green onions. This soup is so good I made it again the very next day! Enjoy!
(Philadelphia Cream Cheese’s) Creamed Asparagus Soup:
4 Servings Prep/Total Time: 35 min
* 3 Tbsp. butter
* 1 leek, sliced
* 1 large clove garlic, minced
* 1 lb. fresh asparagus spears, each cut crosswise into thirds
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1 cup water
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. pepper
* 1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) Philadelphia® Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
* 1/4 cup milk
* Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add leeks; cook 5 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic; cook and stir 2 min. Add asparagus, broth and water; stir. Simmer on medium-low heat 5 min. or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Season with salt and pepper.
* Meanwhile, mix cream cheese spread and milk until well blended.
* Add asparagus mixture to blender, in batches; blend until smooth. Spoon into soup bowls.
* Add cream cheese mixture; swirl gently with spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Special Extra: Garnish with additional asparagus tips just before serving.
Note: Soup is equally delicious served hot or chilled.
Molly, thanks for the recipe. That sounds wonderfully creamy.
It all looks good. i LOVE baked potato soup! Yumm.
Natalie (The Sweets Life) says
I love soup! Here’s a link to all of the soups I’ve posted on my blog: http://www.thesweetslife.com/search/label/soup
Favorites include the wild rice soup and the butternut squash soup! I have lentil soup in the crockpot at home right now…can’t wait to see how it turns out 🙂
Natalie, thanks for sharing your link. You’ve got lots of yummy soups. That quick tomato one sounds good too.
Tiffany, I posted our favorite soup on my blog. Easy Tortellini Soup lives up to its name and I am always asked for the recipe. Can’t wait for cool weather – still having 80 + degree days here in Texas.
Avgolemono! Greek Chicken Lemon Rice Soup
1 can chicken broth
1 boneless chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 box orzo pasta
poach chicken in chicken broth – remove and cut up
cook orzo pasta per box directions
add both cans of creamed soup
add wisked eggs while soup is at cool temperature or temper the eggs before adding
add fresh lemons to taste
never let the soup boil or it will turn into scrambled eggs
What is the soup in the picture? It looks amazing! Can’t wait to try some of these and make vegetarian substitutes =]
Bri, the soup in the photo is Cheesy Chicken Chowder.
Terri Weyher-Powell says
I love this site; thanks for shareing. I see you welcome other soup ideas…I’m busily posting soup recipes to prep for Fall. Pleasefeel free to check out and/or follow “Yes…Soup for you!”. I’m working to add some of my long-time favorites from print to Pinterest, but that could take time. ; )