I love fruity summer drinks – spiked or not. It’s just so fun to sit out in the backyard with a glass of frosty, sugary goodness.
When I was grocery shopping a few weeks ago, I noticed Jello had some flavors based on drinks. I knew I had to get them and make them into something fun! The pina colada one turned into this fun pina colada-inspired pie. It’s perfect for summer because it’s cool and creamy and it reminiscent of the drink.
This recipe makes enough two fill two pie crusts. I made my pie virgin, but if you wanted a more authentic flavor you could add some rum extract. The pie freezes really well so I’d suggest making one for now and freezing one for later in the summer!
Ready to get started? Here’s what you’ll need:
Creamy Pina Colada Pie
- 2 8- inch graham cracker crust pie shells
- 1 3 oz. package pina colada jello
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water + enough ice to make 1 1/4 cup
- 1 8 oz. package whipped topping + additional for topping
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits drained and patted dry + additional for topping
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Dissolve the jello in the boiling water. Add ice to cold water to make 1 1/4 cup. Stir the cold water mixture into the jello. Stir until slightly thickened and then remove the ice that hasn't melted.
- Whisk in the whipped topping until thoroughly combined. Fold in the pineapple tidbits and shredded coconut. Divide between pie shells. Refrigerate for several hours until set. Top with additional pineapple tidbits and whipped topping before serving.
Kate is a home cook living and working in New Jersey. In addition to sharing recipes with Eat at Home readers, she blogs her cooking adventures at Kate’s Recipe Box. When she’s not in the kitchen, you can find her reading or tending to her garden.
This pie sounds delicious! I love a good, no-bake pie! Pinning!
was in “big lots’ a while back & saw P. C. ANS Strawbry margarita jello!!!!!!!!!! wanna talk good pie ??!! a frsh strwby w/the S. M. jello…it lasted LESSSSS then 24hrs!!!
I’m having a heck of a time finding piña colada jello can that be made? Would you know how? Help please! Thank you!
You can substitute any flavor of jello, but it won’t be a pina colada pie anymore. Sorry you’re having trouble finding that flavor.
I want to know also
Where do u find the jello?
I think this may have been a limited edition Jello. Maybe they’ll bring it back for us soon!