I cooked up a bunch of bacon the other night, intending to put it all back in the freezer for another time. My youngest son was begging to eat it for dinner though. Since I wasn’t in the mood for breakfast for dinner, I decided to add it to a pasta dish. We ate every last bit of this. There were no leftovers at all. I guess they liked it 🙂
Here’s what you’ll need:
Bacon and Tomato Pasta
- 1 lb. pasta – I used penne but you could use any shape you like
- 2 Tbs. butter + 2 Tbs. olive oil this didn’t make it into the picture
- onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese shredded or grated
- salt & pepper
- bacon cooked and diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained
- fresh basil leaves chopped
- Boil the pasta according to the directions.
- Melt the butter and olive oil together in a pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is tender.
- Add the wine and cook for a minute or two.
- Add the half & half, whisking to blend. Stir in the cheese and let it melt.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss in the bacon, tomatoes and basil.
- Drain the pasta then mix it with the sauce.
- Serve it with extra parmesan and black pepper if you like. Yum!
Like the recipes you see here on Eat at Home? Subscribe!