This amazing salad showed up at a church dinner. Everyone at the table where I sat was talking about it and wondering who brought it. Most guessed that our pastor’s wife was the cook behind this dish. She’s a fabulous cook. I haven’t known her for long, but I’ve heard quite a few people mention various recipes that she makes. (I even hear she has a recipe for coffee punch. Yum!)
Sure enough, Audrey was the one who brought this salad. I asked her for the recipe and she graciously shared it with me. Now I’m sharing it with you. It reminds me a lot of Hawaiian Cole Slaw, another favorite of ours. The dressing is a little different and of course, this uses broccoli and red pepper instead of slaw mix.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Asian Broccoli Salad
- 2 pkg chicken flavored ramen noodles
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 head broccoli chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 pkts ramen noodle seasoning
- Break ramen noodles in small pieces. Set seasoning packets aside for later.
- Toast broken noodles and almonds in shallow pan at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Stir several times during toasting.
- Combine broccoli, onion, red pepper, sunflower seeds, and toasted noodles and almonds in large bowl.
- Whisk together oil, sugar, vinegar and seasoning packets in a small bowl.
- Pour over salad right before serving and toss to coat.
This salad sounds wonderful. I was wondering how many carbs are involved in a serving.
Jolin – We don’t have carb counts for our recipes. The easiest way to find it would be to plug the recipe into an online nutrition tracker like myfitnesspal.com – Here’s the link to their nutrition page – https://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calorie-chart-nutrition-facts
Hope that helps!