It’s Slow Cooker Soup Friday again! And I’ve got another new recipe for you.
This one is so easy, I really wondered if it would work. The hands-on time for this soup has got to be under 5 minutes. Your slow cooker really does do all the work.
I started with frozen chicken tenders. Then added tomato juice, chicken broth, Italian seasonings and Parmesan cheese. And at the end I decided to add some pasta too.
I served the soup with toasted cheesy bread. Just butter the bread, add shredded Italian blend cheese to the top and pop it under the broiler for a few minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need for the soup:
The pasta isn’t in that photo. I didn’t decide to add it until later.
Serves: 8-10 servings
- 1½ - 2 lbs. frozen chicken tenders
- 46 oz tomato juice
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 - 8 oz small shaped pasta
- Place all ingredients, except pasta in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker.
- Add pasta and cook 30 minute longer.