This is not your traditional Kentucky Hot Brown. If you’ve ever had the real deal, then you already know that. If you’ve never had a Hot Brown, here’s a description for you: Turkey, bacon, tomato on toast, served under so much cheese sauce that you can’t find the sandwich. Amazing!
Get a FREE week of Weekly Meal Plans and Grocery Lists sent to you now!
This bake is adapted from a recipe I found via Pinterest on Mr. Food for Italian Layer Bake. I adapted the layers to make it a KY Hot Brown Bake.
This bake is easy to put together, although you do need to allow time for it to bake and set a few minutes before serving. It’s delicious, with gooey cheese and bacon. Everyone in the family loved this one.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Serves: 9 servings
- 8 oz package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 lb. package smoked turkey lunch meat
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate into 2 squares.
- Place one square in bottom of 8" pan that is greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Press dough to fit pan.
- Layer with half the turkey, bacon, cheese and tomatoes.
- Pour half the eggs over the top.
- Repeat the layers.
- Top with remaining dough square.
- Pour remaining eggs over top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, covered with foil. Remove foil and bake another 20-25 minutes.
- Let sit at room temp for 15-20 minutes before serving.
You will need about an hour total to bake and let it set after baking.