Pineapple and coconut baked into a soft cookie. Complete with pineapple-coconut glaze. Sounds like a summer treat to me!
I love cake mixes. They are so versatile. Cake mix cookies are one of my favorite things to make with a boxed mix. It’s near instant gratification for your sweet tooth.
Here’s what you’ll need:
I don’t have an ingredient photo this time. All the ingredients are common though. The most unusual one is the coconut extract. This can be found in the baking aisle near the vanilla extract.
Serves: 3 dozen
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz crushed pineapple, drained well and reserve the juice
- 1 tsp. coconut extract
- 2 Tbs. flour
- 1½ - 2 cups powdered sugar
- reserved pineapple juice
- ½ tsp. coconut extract
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl with an electric mixer.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto baking sheet or stone.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir together the glaze, add only enough pineapple juice to get a spreadable consistency.
- Frost cooled cookies.