This cake doesn’t look like anything special. But if you like lemon, you will love it.
It’s one of my very favorite desserts. My mom has made it for years and I can’t believe I haven’t shared the recipe with you yet.
It starts with a lemon cake mix. Add a package of lemon pudding mix. And after it’s baked, drench it with lemonade.
The result is moist, sticky, lemon-packed scrumptiousness!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Lemonade Cake – One of My Favorite Cakes Ever
- Lemon cake mix
- Lemon pudding mix 3 oz box
- 1 stick butter melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 6 oz frozen lemonade thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- In a mixer bowl, blend cake mix, pudding mix, butter, eggs and milk till well blended.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Stir thawed lemonade and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Pour over the baked cake, before removing the cake from the pan and while the cake is still hot. Gently pull cake from edges of the pan so that the lemonade can run down between the cake and pan.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for an hour before turning out onto a plate.
- Cool completely before serving.