The credit for this recipe goes entirely to my sister. She knows how to kick things up a notch or three.
This variation on Hashbrown Casserole includes peppers, bacon, extra sour cream and french fried onions on top. It may not win any nutrition awards, but I guarantee if you take it to a potluck your dish will come home empty.
Here’s what you’ll need (add a container of french fried onion topping that didn’t make it into the photo):
I really like recipes like this that are assembly only. I baked it in the oven, but you could also do it in the slow cooker, if that’s more convenient for your day.
Answer this: How often do you go to potluck meals and what’s your favorite dish to take?
Serves: 8 servings
- 28oz O'Brien Potatoes,, thawed
- 1 can cream of chicken or cheddar soup
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 3 oz Real Bacon Bits
- ½ - ¾ cup french fried onions
- Stir all ingredients together, except french fried onions.
- Put into greased casserole dish or slow cooker.
- Top with onions.
- Cover and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Remove cover during last few minutes of baking to brown.
- Or cook on low in slow cooker 5-6 hours.