This recipe works like magic. You combine a few pantry staples, put it in the slow cooker and a few hours later…ta da!
You end up with chocolate cake with fudgy sauce!
I’ve seen this recipe on several blogs lately. Traditionally, it’s baked in the oven, but I really wanted to know if it would work in the slow cooker. It does!
Let me show you what you’ll need:
I used this recipe from Tasty Kitchen. The only change I made was to bake it in a slow cooker. I also re-ordered the ingredient list, to make it easier to follow.
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbs. cocoa
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbs. cocoa
- 1½ cups hot water
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker crock with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, 3 Tbs. cocoa and ¾ cup white sugar.
- Stir milk, melted butter and vanilla into the flour mixture until smooth. Pour into the greased crock.
- In a small bowl, combine ½ cup white sugar, brown sugar and cocoa. Sprinkle over the top of the batter in the crock.
- Pour hot water over the top of ingredients in the slow cooker. Do not stir!
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Remove the lid and let stand for several minutes before serving. At first, it will be a bit too liquidy, but should thicken up after several minutes.
Have you ever eaten chocolate cobbler?
I’m showing this off at: