Raise your hand if you have a new graduate this year!
A year ago, I was planning my oldest daughter’s high school graduation menu. I’ve noticed quite a few people searching for ideas for recipes to serve at graduation parties, so I thought I’d put together a list to get you started.
There are so many ways to celebrate a graduation. I’m not even going to try to cover them all. Casual is what I’m most comfortable with, so this list will include foods that can be served buffet style, can be fixed ahead of time, and serve a crowd.
Last year I served:
- Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken
- Chipped ham sandwiches on party buns
- Cheese and cracker tray
- Veggie Pizza -
- Fresh fruit and vanilla wafers with fruit dip
- Kentucky Chocolate Nut Pies (Derby Day is coming up!)
- Peaches and Cream Dessert
I liked this menu because it was Spring-like and could be made the day before.
Here are some other recipes you might consider:
- BBQ Chicken Sandwiches in the Slow Cooker or Pulled Pork Sandwiches – easy, casual and feeds a crowd
- Chicken Salad – the kind with grapes and nuts.
- Hawaiian Grilled Chicken
- Hawaiian Cole Slaw
- Broccoli Tomato Tortellini Salad
- Tropical Salad
- Winter Fruit Salad
Don’t forget dessert!
- Blueberry Cream Jello Salad – I love this stuff!
- Apricot Pound Cake
- Blueberry Upside Down Cake
- Brownies with Chocolate Glaze
- Chocolatey Texas Sheet Cake – feeds a crowd
- Peanut Butter Cookie Pudding
- Aunt Gerry’s Pineapple Cookies
- Lemon Cheesecake Dessert
Do you have a student graduation this year from Kindergarten, college or anywhere in between?