This is one of my go-to meals. When all else fails, it’s easy to throw chicken, potatoes, carrots and onions in the crockpot and let it do its thing. A quick pan of cornbread and maybe a steamed green veggie and you’ve got a comforting warm meal with little effort.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2-3 lbs. chicken (boneless or with bones)
- 2 cups potatoes, chopped
- 4-5 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups (or 1 can) of chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- salt and pepper
- Place the chicken on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Put the veggies on top of the chicken.
- Stir the broth and soup together with the salt and pepper. Pour over the veggies and chicken. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- You can thicken the broth to make gravy. Remove the chicken and veggies from the pot. Turn the heat to high.
- In a container with a tight fitting lid, add several Tbs. of flour. Add some water and shake to make a thick paste. You want it to pour, but still be thick.
- Slowly whisk the flour mixture into the broth.
- Cook several more minutes till thick.