Starting in June 2013, I’m doing a series of 75 Days of Summer Slow Cooker Recipes. Follow along, by clicking here.
I love using my slow cooker in the summer. We’ve even been known to use it on vacation. In fact, I had a dream a few years ago that we were in Magic Kingdom in Disney World and I was pushing a stroller with a crockpot in in, looking for a place to plug it in. I was a bit worried about all the food my Mom had planned to take on vacation with us.
The slow cooker is also a great way to cook without heating up the kitchen. I do tend to make different foods in the summer, than in winter. Here are some of my favorites:
- Baked Chicken with Summer Vegetables
- BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- Easy Pepper Steak in the Slow Cooker
- Chicken and Broccoli “Stir Fry” in the Slow Cooker
- Chicken Fiesta with Black Beans
- Southwestern Steak with Cornbread Dressing
- Honey Mustard Chicken
- Cantonese Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Chicken Shwarma in the Slow Cooker
- African Pulled Beef Sandwiches with Yogurt-Mint Sauce
- Salsa Verde Steak
- Slow Cooker Beans – make these and fill your freezer for fast meals
- Homemade Baked Beans in the Slow Cooker