A few weeks ago I decided to make some flat bread with homemade Italian Seasoning. That didn’t work out too well on my first try. I’ll have to play around with it a bit.
But I have been using the Italian Seasoning on all kinds of other foods and it’s been really good. The seasoning adds lots of flavor to chicken or pasta dishes. This time, I used it on chicken thighs in the slow cooker. Here’s what you’ll need:
Italian Seasoned Salt Chicken in the Slow Cooker
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbs. oregano
- 1 Tbs. basil
- 1 Tbs. Thyme
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- generous grind of black pepper
- 6-7 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 4-5 lbs. chicken I used thighs
- Stir all the ingredient except the chicken together in a small bowl.
- Pour over the chicken and use your hands to toss, coating the chicken in seasoning.
- Put the chicken in the slow cooker and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
This is good served with couscous, pasta or baked potatoes.