I printed this recipe from Meals for You a long time ago. I altered it a little bit. Stir-fry is always a hit with my kids, even if it has celery in it (not a favorite of any of them). The ingredient list is simple and I almost always have all the ingredients, with the exception of cashews. They are worth adding to the recipe though. Yum!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Honey Cashew Pork Stir-Fry
- 1 cup orange juice
- just under 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tsp. corn starch
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 carrots sliced diagonally
- 2 celery stalks sliced diagonally
- 6 boneless pork chops cut into thin strips
- 2/3 cup cashews
- oil for stir-frying
- Combine juice, honey, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the carrots and celery and stir-fry until tender crisp.
- Remove the veggies and set aside.
- Add more oil and stir-fry the pork until cooked through.
- Add the veggies back into the skillet, along with the sauce and the cashews. Heat until it comes to a boil.
- Serve over rice.