Last week I posted Broccoli Soup, which I do really like but I think I liked this Cauliflower Soup even better. It was very mild and creamy. All 6 of us finished our bowls. In fact, we emptied the whole pot. Next time I think I’ll double the recipe.
This recipe is adapted from More with Less Cookbook. Here’s what you’ll need:
Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head cauliflower cut in bite size pieces and steamed until tender
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1/2 onion or small onion diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk warmed
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Cook the onion in the butter until tender.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for a few minutes.
- Whisk in the chicken broth until smooth.
- Stir in the milk and worcestershire sauce.
- Add the steamed cauliflower and cheese.
- Heat through without boiling.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.