Last week I posted Broccoli Soup, which I do really like but I think I liked this Cauliflower Soup even better. It was very mild and creamy. All 6 of us finished our bowls. In fact, we emptied the whole pot. Next time I think I’ll double the recipe.
This recipe is adapted from More with Less Cookbook. Here’s what you’ll need:
Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head cauliflower cut in bite size pieces and steamed until tender
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1/2 onion or small onion diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk warmed
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Cook the onion in the butter until tender.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for a few minutes.
- Whisk in the chicken broth until smooth.
- Stir in the milk and worcestershire sauce.
- Add the steamed cauliflower and cheese.
- Heat through without boiling.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I made the broccolli soup yesterday and it was awesome…I so look forward to making this one…..THANKS for sharing
My wonderful husband doesn’t eat much without meat. I bet I could add cooked chicken to this soup to make him happy. This looks wonderful! I can’t wait to try it! Thanks, Tiffany! I hope you are recovering quickly from your surgery!
Alison @ Hospitality Haven says
What a good idea!! I should’ve bought that cauliflower that was on sale yesterday…
Hi! I’ve been reading your blog now for a couple months and I just felt compelled to tell you that it is my favorite of all the ones I read. Thank you so much for your work. I thought I’d share an amazing soup recipe with you in case you like asparagus. I used a lower-fat plain cream cheese with some onion powder or dried onions and some chopped green onions. This soup is so good I made it again the very next day! Enjoy!
(Philadelphia Cream Cheese’s) Creamed Asparagus Soup:
* 4 Servings
* Prep/Total Time: 35 min
* 3 Tbsp. butter
* 1 leek, sliced
* 1 large clove garlic, minced
* 1 lb. fresh asparagus spears, each cut crosswise into thirds
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1 cup water
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. pepper
* 1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) Philadelphia® Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
* 1/4 cup milk
* Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add leeks; cook 5 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic; cook and stir 2 min. Add asparagus, broth and water; stir. Simmer on medium-low heat 5 min. or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Season with salt and pepper.
* Meanwhile, mix cream cheese spread and milk until well blended.
* Add asparagus mixture to blender, in batches; blend until smooth. Spoon into soup bowls.
* Add cream cheese mixture; swirl gently with spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Special Extra: Garnish with additional asparagus tips just before serving.
Note: Soup is equally delicious served hot or chilled.
Molly, thanks so much for the recipe. I might be able to get my kids to try asparagus with this soup. Sounds yummy!
This is very yummy! Kids and husband loved it–I served it with a freshly baked loaf of bread. I also used an immersion blender after adding the steamed cauliflower and cheese just to make it smooth & frothy. Delicious!
STEAM the whole head of cauliflower in a lettuce-saver/ 5 minutes in the microwave!!
Great for Dipping in nacho cheese, too!!
thank you customer i learned from