I invented this dish many years ago by heavily modifying a Fettuccine Alfredo recipe I have.
Bowtie Pasta with Feta and Lemon Pepper Chicken
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 lb. bowtie pasta
- broccoli cauliflower and carrots (I like to use those steam in the bag fresh kind)
- feta cheese 6-8oz crumbled
- lemon pepper
- 3-4 Tbs butter
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups half and half warmed for a minute or two in the microwave
- Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with lemon pepper and grill it.
- While the chicken is grilling start the pasta cooking.
- Steam the vegetables in the microwave, or add to the pasta during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Drain pasta.
- Combine pasta and veggies.
- Add the butter and warmed half & half to the pasta. Stir in the feta.
- Slice finished chicken in thin strips. Serve on top of pasta.
- Serve with additional lemon pepper, if desired.