We love all kinds of nachos. These Italian Nachos are one of our favorites!
Italian sausage, tomatoes, red pepper, black olives, banana peppers and creamy Alfredo sauce come together in each crunchy bite. They’re impossible to resist.
And it only takes 15 minutes to put them together. That includes the time spent browning out the sausage. You can’t beat that.
Here’s what you’ll need:
You can make these even faster by using a bag of shredded cheese instead of shredding your own.
The recipe makes enough for a very large platter (or two smaller platters) that will serve about 6-8 as a meal. Yes, we ate this for dinner with a simple wedge salad to go with it. If you’re serving it at a party or as an appetizer, it makes plenty for a crowd. And get ready for people to ask for the recipe. This one’s a keeper!
15 Minute Italian Nachos
- • 1 lb. Bulk Italian Sausage
- • 1⁄2 Red pepper diced
- • 15-oz Diced tomatoes drained well
- • 1 bag Tortilla chips whole grain or corn
- • Banana pepper slices optional
- • Black olives sliced, optional
- • 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- • 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Brown the sausage in a skillet.
- Add the red pepper when the sausage is nearly done and cook it along with the sausage.
- Drain and rinse the meat under very hot water to remove extra grease. Return to the skillet and stir in the tomatoes.
- On a large baking stone or cookie sheet, layer tortilla chips.
- Spoon the sausage, red pepper and tomatoes onto the chips.
- Add banana peppers and olives, if desired.
- Drizzle with Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Broil for a couple of minutes, till the cheese melts and nachos begin to brown. Watch it close so it doesn’t burn.