We are so ready for spring! I bet you are too.
This meal tastes like spring. The quiche is full of ham, asparagus and Swiss cheese. Asparagus is abundant right now and the flavor is perfect in this quiche.
The Pineapple Dump Cake couldn’t be easier to make, with three ingredients that you pour, sprinkle, slice and bake. It’s so good! I love recipes like this one, where the result is so much greater than the effort involved.
These recipes are perfect anytime, but especially if you need to whip up something for your family on Easter weekend. Thanks to Bisquick and Betty Crocker mixes, they come together really quick.
And when everyone (or most of the family) is home for the Easter holiday this is a great way to keep them around the table longer by giving them dessert after the main course.
We were even able to squeeze in a walk after this meal. It was a beautiful day!
Here’s what you’ll need to make the quiche:
There’s only a small amount of prep needed for this. Chop the onion and asparagus and shred the cheese. All of this can be done earlier in the day, if you like.
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup cooked, diced ham
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut in 1" pieces
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Bisquick
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and cook ham, onion and asparagus until the onion is soft.
- Spoon half of that mixture into a greased 9" pie plate.
- Layer half the cheese over it and then repeat the layers.
- Stir milk, eggs, Bisquick and salt together in a bowl.
- Pour over ingredients in the pie plate.
- Bake 25-35 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
There’s something about pineapple that makes me think of spring, maybe because pineapple desserts are popular for Easter. This has to be about the easiest pineapple dessert recipe ever.
It starts with Betty Crocker cake mix.
And there are only two other ingredients! Pour the pineapple in the cake pan. Sprinkle the cake mix over it. Then slice the butter on top.
Dump cakes are not very photogenic. It won’t look like much when you pull it from the oven. But the smell of it baking and the flavor of the cake will keep your family at the table.
Top it with a scoop of ice cream and nobody will care about the cake’s humble look!
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 white or yellow Betty Crocker cake mix
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9x13 cake pan.
- Lightly drain the pineapple, but leave some juice on it. Pour pineapple in bottom of pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over pineapple.
- Slice butter in pats and lay them on top of dry cake mix.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
You can find Bisquick on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. Find more easy meal ideas atBisquick.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.