It’s always good when you can make your in-laws happy. A few weeks ago, Jim’s parents came to our house for a visit. They were bringing Grandpa-Great’s car to my daughter. (How many people get to say their first car belonged to their great-grandpa?) This cake was on my baking list that day, which worked out perfectly. Especially since they loved it!
A double cinnamon kick from the spice cake mix and apple pie filling, makes the cake a wonderful base for caramel glaze. This dessert would be perfect in October, but don’t wait till Autumn to make it. It’s moist, full of flavor and looks pretty too. Plus, it’s super easy.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 21 oz can apple pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 3 Tbs. brown sugar
- 3 Tbs. white sugar
- 3 Tbs. half & half
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Mix cake mix, pie filling, eggs and vanilla with an electric mixer till blended.
- Pour into greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes till toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pan to finish cooling.
- Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil it for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spoon over the cake.