This recipe was created simply by standing in front of the pantry and pulling out a few likely ingredients. I needed something that would be ready to eat when we got home, with minimal fuss required.
Oh, and I only had about 3 minutes to get it fixed and get out the door. Ever have a morning like that?
Here’s what I used to make these Sloppy Chicken Tacos, but please feel free to alter as needed. I really don’t think you can mess this up. Put in whatever you have that sounds good to you. Experiment!
- 2-3 lbs. Boneless, chicken tenders
- 1 can Salsa Verde
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- Cheddar cheese
- Place chicken in slow cooker. I cooked mine from frozen.
- Stir remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Cook 5-6 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
- Shred meat and serve in tortilla shells with taco fixings.