I’ve got a couple of German Chocolate loving males in this house. And there are half a dozen chocolate lovers living here. So you can imagine how long these delicious little morsels lasted! How could we resist little brownies with gooey middles of coconut-pecan frosting?
Tiny food is great, but there are a few absolute truths that pertain to diminutive desserts.
- Mini treats are perfect for parties, because they look pretty and are easy to serve.
- Itty-bitty food takes 2-3 times longer to assemble.
- Teensy sweets can be consumed 2.7 times faster than regular-sized counterparts. If you don’t believe me, watch my oldest son eat a plate of these.
The good new is, these are just a brownie mix paired with a can of coconut-pecan frosting. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 brownie mix for 9x13 inch pan
- Ingredients to make brownies (oil, eggs, water)
- 1 can coconut-pecan frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix brownie batter according to package directions.
- Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon small amount of brownie batter into muffin pan, enough to fill 1/3 to 1/2 full.
- Spoon small amount of frosting onto each cup of brownie batter.
- Top with more brownie batter, filling cups all the way.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Makes about 36 brownie bites.
This was the first thing I’ve made in a mini muffin pan. After years of wanting one, I finally broke down and spent the $4.98 it cost to have my own pan for bite-sized delights. Isn’t it crazy that it took me so long to buy it?
What are your favorite recipes to make in mini muffin pans?