I do not like broccoli. And I haven’t liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. I am President of the United States, and I’m not going to eat any more broccoli. – George Bush
I hope you don’t have the same aversion to broccoli that George Bush does, because this is a very good soup and I’d hate for you to miss out on it. It’s warm, creamy and comforting.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces.
- Steam it in ½ cup water until tender. Don’t drain.
- In a soup pot, melt the butter.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for a few minutes.
- Whisk in the broth. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat until it thickens.
- Add the milk, broccoli, salt and pepper.