I’m all about assembly-only cooking. And this recipe fits that description perfectly. There’s not even a need to chop anything to make this soup. You’ve got to love that!
The main ingredient is a bag of frozen O’brien potatoes. Using this means you don’t need to chop potatoes, onions or peppers, but you get the flavor of all of them.
This soup is hearty and filling. In addition to the O’brien potatoes, you’ll add chicken, corn and tomato sauce. Garlic and chili powder season it all. And the slow cooker does the work!
Southwestern Chicken Chowder in the Slow Cooker
- 1 1/2 - 2 lb. chicken tenders
- 1 bag O'brien potatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 3 cups milk
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 1/2 Tbs. chili powder
- Cheese to garnish
- Place chicken, potatoes and corn in the slow cooker.
- Stir remaining ingredients together (except cheese) and pour into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours or low 7-8 hours.
This recipe is part of our Slow Cooker Soup Recipe series. New recipes will be shared every Friday, October through February. Subscribe to the email list and get them all!