4 ingredients. The slow cooker does the work. And my kids actually said “Wow!” when they tasted it!
This recipe for Black Bean and Corn Salsa Chicken with Cornbread Dressing is a definite winner!
The base recipes starts with something very familiar to you – chicken in the slow cooker with a jar of salsa. I used black bean and corn salsa and started with frozen chicken tenders.
It gets interesting when you’re about ready to serve it. Use the liquid in the slow cooker to add to a box of cornbread dressing mix. This gives the dressing a big punch of flavor.
Top it all with shredded cheese and you have an easy winner for dinner!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Slow Cooker Black Bean and Salsa Chicken with Cornbread Dressing
- 2.5 lbs. boneless chicken breast or tenders
- 24 oz jar black bean and corn salsa
- 2 boxes cornbread stuffing mix
- 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Pour salsa over chicken.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
- Use a ladle to dip out liquid from the slow cooker. Measure the amount of liquid called for on the box of stuffing mix.
- Stir hot liquid into the dry stuffing mix.
- Serve chicken and stuffing, topped with shredded cheese.