A few years ago we were lucky to get to go to Walt Disney World on their free dining plan. We ate at the Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge one day for lunch and ordered Nachos. They were wonderful. Meaty, cheesy, just the right amount of spice. I set about to create a version to make at home and this is what I came up with. Not only are they delish, they are also easy and quick.
Here’s what you’ll need:
With a slotted spoon add the nacho meat ingredients to the top of the chips.
- 1 lb. of ground meat
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilis drained well
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 packet of taco seasoning or equivalent amount
- Tortilla chips
- 1-2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Brown ground beef and rinse under hot water to remove grease.
- Add all ingredients except chips and cheese. Bring to a boil.
- On a large cookie sheet or baking stone, make a layer of tortilla chips.
- With a slotted spoon, place meat over chips.
- Top with cheese.
- Brown under broiler until toasty.