A few years ago we were lucky to get to go to Walt Disney World on their free dining plan. We ate at the Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Wilderness Lodge one day for lunch and ordered Nachos. They were wonderful. Meaty, cheesy, just the right amount of spice. I set about to create a version to make at home and this is what I came up with. Not only are they delish, they are also easy and quick.
Here’s what you’ll need:
With a slotted spoon add the nacho meat ingredients to the top of the chips.
- 1 lb. of ground meat
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilis drained well
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 packet of taco seasoning or equivalent amount
- Tortilla chips
- 1-2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Brown ground beef and rinse under hot water to remove grease.
- Add all ingredients except chips and cheese. Bring to a boil.
- On a large cookie sheet or baking stone, make a layer of tortilla chips.
- With a slotted spoon, place meat over chips.
- Top with cheese.
- Brown under broiler until toasty.
Hey there!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! I love making new bloggy friends!
These look delicious…yummmm…
If you haven’t seen a picture of me, it’s pretty obvious I’m a food lover. haha
Queenie Jeannie says
Looks yummy!! Did I just gain weight from looking at your pictures????
MMMMMM…that looks so good an so bad all at the same time! Thanks for visiting my blog the other day!
so i am totally not a chef. i microwave well…BUT those pics have me SOLD! trying it this week.
Honey Mommy says
Those nachos look delicious! And EASY!
I even have a circular stone like yours. I’ll have to make that sometime.
love your background!
The nachos were so good…the perfect meal for a hot summer day!