I’ve been loving sheet pan dinners. They’re easy to make, healthy and there’s an endless variety of flavors you can bring. It’s also a great way to eat lots of veggies.
For this Maple Balsamic Chicken dinner, I used bone-in chicken thighs that I got on sale. I’d love to try this again with boneless, skinless chicken. Chicken thighs aren’t my favorite cut, but it was such a great sale, I couldn’t pass them up. This recipe will work equally well with any cut of chicken or even pork.
I added brussels sprouts and butternut squash to the pan. I seasoned the squash similar to my favorite Butternut Squash Skillet recipe. The squash is added to the pan along with the chicken. The brussels sprouts, don’t need to cook as long, so they get added later. I seasoned them with a generous shake of salt and pepper.
Maple syrup is one of my favorite Costco purchases. I use it for a lot more than pancakes and waffles. If you don’t have real maple syrup, you can use honey in this recipe.
Maple Balsamic Roast Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 Tbs. olive oil plus extra
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 lbs. chicken any cut is fine
- 1 butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- 1 bag brussels sprouts cut in half
- Mix 1 Tbs. olive oil with vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken and toss to coat.
- Place chicken on large sheet pan that's been brushed with olive oil.
- Toss butternut squash cubes with drizzle of olive oil, cinnamon, ginger, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Pour onto sheet pan next to chicken. (You may need to use more than one sheet pan if you don't have one big enough.)
- Place in oven at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pull pan from the oven and add brussels sprouts. Continue roasting for 10-15 minutes more or until chicken is done.
We include lots of easy meals like Maple Balsamic Roast Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner in our Weekly Meal Plans. Find out more about how we do the planning so you’re cooking is simple.
Can you use sweet potatoes/yams instead of butternut squash?
Yes, sweet potatoes or yams would be great with this.
Great! I may have to try this for Sunday Dinner one weekend.
What size bag of Brussels sprouts? Fresh or frozen?
Fresh brussels sprouts. The amount you use will depend on the number of people you’re serving.
Do you have to add Brussel sprouts as I don’t eat them & neither does my Dad? What do you suggest as an alternative?
You can use broccoli, green beans etc. Anything goes really. But if you’ve never tried roasted brussels sprouts, give them a try sometime. We never liked them either until I roasted them and now we all love them.
Can I use broccoli instead of b.sprouts. Don’t really care for them.
Yes, roasted broccoli is really good too.
I made this sheetpan meal a few days ago and it was delicious!! Only thing I did differently was to cut the butternut squash in chunks with the skin on. Just ran out of time and had a sore hand that day and had to stop cuttong. Turned out ok and the skin was soft and easily removed. Next time, I’ll but the pre cut butternut squash!!!👏😊. For sure, I will make it again!!!