This chicken comes out amazingly juicy, flavorful, and the skin is absolutely crisp-perfection!
I love an easy roast chicken recipe. It makes for a simple, fancy-feeling meal that also potentially has some very useful leftovers!
Keeping chicken cooked in the freezer to have handy for soups, casseroles, tacos, sandwiches etc. is one of my best cooking tips. And this recipe is full of flavor, but that flavor lends itself to using the leftovers in any recipe.
So be sure to buy a big chicken so you can get multiple meals out of one cooking session.
Lemon and Parsley Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 generous grind of black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 Tbs. parsley
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Place in a shallow dish.
- Cut garlic clove in half and rub all over chicken.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil. Use your hands to thoroughly coat the chicken with the oil.
- Juice the lemon and pour the juice over the chicken.
- Put the juiced lemons into the chicken cavity.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper and parsley.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for about 1½ hours or until chicken is cooked through.