Full of flavor with a bit of a kick, these sandwiches are delish! I found the recipe on the blog of one of my readers, Sherri. She has a great recipe blog called Everything in Moderation. My husband, who likes spicy foods loved these, but so did my youngest son who likes things plain. We just didn’t add the peppers to his sandwich and he didn’t use the dipping sauce.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Italian Beef Sandwiches in the Crockpot
- 1 large roast fat trimmed if needed
- 1 package Good Seasons Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1-2 cans chicken broth I used 1
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 package brown gravy mix mixed with 1 cup water
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 small jar pepperoccinis with juice
- Poke the meat with a fork or knife and put it in the crockpot.
- Mix all the ingredients and pour over the meat.
- Let it marinade overnight in the refrigerator or cook it right away on low for 8-10 hours. Or, be like me and don’t fix it until lunch time then crank it up on high and cook it for 5-6 hours.
- Shred the meat and serve on hoagie buns with the peppers and sauce for dipping.