Roasted veggies pair beautifully with black-eyed peas for a satisfying, flavorful, nutrient-packed, plant-based meal. It’s weeknight-friendly because you use canned black-eyed peas.
Black-eyed Peas, Greens and Roasted Veggie Bowls
- 6-8 cups chopped vegetables carrots, beets, green beans, onions, eggplant, squash etc.
- 1½ tsp. salt-free seasoning blend OR a mix of seasonings from your pantry rosemary, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, pepper, basil, oregano etc.
- 1½ cups quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 8-10 cups chopped greens kale, chard, mustard, or turnip etc.
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 3 15 oz. cans black-eyed peas drained and rinsed
- Spread the vegetables on a sheet pan and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Roast in the oven at 400° for 20-25 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Cook the quinoa in vegetable broth by boiling the broth in a saucepan and adding the quinoa.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and cover loosely for 15 minutes, until the broth has been absorbed.
- While the vegetables roast and quinoa cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the greens and a bit of water.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring a few times during cooking.
- The greens will wilt as they cook.
- Add the balsamic vinegar when the greens are tender and wilted.
- Place quinoa in bowls, top with blackeyed peas (no need to heat them, as the other ingredients will warm the peas), greens and roasted vegetables.