If you’re trying to lose weight or eat more veggies, this is the soup for you. It’s also great if you just want a quick, easy and healthy meal. The ingredients are simple and you can add any veggie that you like or have hanging around in your fridge.
Here’s what you’ll need:
All Veggie Vegetable Soup
- large can of tomato juice
- potatoes carrots, parsnips, onion – chopped
- any other veggie you’d like to add diced tomatoes, corn, cabbage, green pepper etc
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups water
- Put the juice and water in a large pot.
- Add the chopped veggies and cook until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This is good served with Cornbread or Cheddar Muffins.
This recipe is part of Meatless Monday at The Green Backs Gal.
Double Dipped Life says
This looks really good, and oh, so simple! It’s like a “duh! Why didn’t I think of that…” recipe! Thanks!
hey i was just wondering how many oz are in your large can of tomato juice, i have lots of single serving cans taking up space in my cabinet thanks 🙂
Andrea @ The Greenbacks Gal says
This is a great looking soup – I almost always have all the ingredients on hand too. Thanks for linking it up!
Amybeth Hurst, Portland, ME says
I added just a dash of Worcestershire, and I also used some cabbage. Thanks for the recipe! Amybeth Hurst, Portland, ME