I have a number of Sweet and Sour Chicken recipes on the blog. This one uses popcorn chicken along with a homemade sauce.
The sauce comes from this recipe, which is one of our all time favorite meals. It’s also a meal that makes me feel like I’ve really been cooking. And it makes the kitchen look like a lot of cooking has happened!
This 15 minute version is so much easier and faster. Admittedly, it isn’t quite as good as the all homemade version. But 15 minutes is easy to do on a plain, old weeknight.
Here’s what you’ll need:
15 Minute Sweet and Sour Chicken
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 1 bag frozen popcorn chicken
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks drained and juice reserved
- 3 Tbs. vinegar
- 3 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 cups white rice cooked
- Bake the popcorn chicken according to package directions.
- While the chicken bakes, cook the onion, green pepper and garlic in oil in a large skillet until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Mix up the sauce by combining the juice from the pineapple, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Remove chicken from oven and add to skillet, along with pineapple chunks.
- Pour sauce into skillet, stirring to coat chicken and vegetables. Bring to a boil.
- Serve over hot rice.
Arthur in the Garden! says
I MADE THIS LAST NIGHT. DIDN’T HAVE PINEAPPLE CHUNKS, ONLY CRUSHED PINEAPPLE, SO I USED THE JUICE FROM THE CAN AND 1/2 OF THE PINEAPPLE. i ALSO HAD BREADED CHICKEN CHUNKS IN MY FREEZER AND USED THEM. SO QUICK AND EASY TO MAKE. THIS WAS WONDERFUL!!
DEFINITEEELY A RECIPE TO KEEP
SEE ABOVE FOR MY COMMENTS,,,,I HIT THE WRONG BUTTON…SILLY ME!
Looks delicious. What size bag (weight) of chicken?