When I got the idea to make Peach Chutney in the slow cooker, it was on a morning I was in the mood to create something. I started the chutney, spray painted a giant fork and spoon to hang in the kitchen, and started painting an end table.
While all of that was happening, I pondered lunch. I knew it needed to be quick. And I wanted to use the chutney as part of the recipe.
This Skillet Chicken Curry is the result. I had leftover rotisserie chicken in the fridge, so that made the recipe really easy. If you don’t have chicken already cooked, you can use this Basic Chicken Skillet method to get this dish started.
I altered this recipe from Slow Cooker Chicken Curry. Instead of coconut milk, I used the chutney to balance the spices in the dish. It turned out wonderful. Everyone loved it!
Here’s what you’ll need:
I also decided that the recipe really needed to have salsa in it. That didn’t make it into the ingredient photo though.
15 Minute Skillet Chicken Curry with Peach Chutney
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 - 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2-3 Tbs. curry powder
- 3/4 cup peach chutney
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook the onion in olive oil in a large skillet.
- When the onion is starting to soften, add the bell pepper. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, salsa, curry powder and chutney.
- Heat thoroughly and serve over hot rice.