I love a good gyro and these use frozen meatballs so they are quick to make and are quite tasty!
If you are watching your carb intake, you could put the meatballs, cucumber and yogurt on a bed of greens.
This quick meal pairs great with hummus and carrot sticks.
Simple, fast and easy for the win!
15-Minute Meatball Gyros
For the meatballs:
- 1½ -2 lbs frozen meatballs
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp. dried mint
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- pita bread
- 1 small cucumber diced
- 8 oz. Greek style yogurt
- Thaw the meatballs in a microwave-safe dish for 2 minutes.
- Stir remaining ingredients for the meatballs together with a fork.
- Pour over meatballs and stir.
- Cover and cook in microwave for 3-5 more minutes or until hot.
- Stir cucumber and yogurt together in a small bowl.
- Serve meatballs in pita bread and garnish with cucumber-yogurt sauce.