This is an amazing meal. First, it only takes a few minutes to put it in the slow cooker. And it tastes fantastic. The pork roast is tender and full of flavor, thanks to Italian Herb Salt, garlic and white wine.
I’ll definitely be making this one again. Next time, I will add more whole cloves of garlic. Jim and I were searching in the potatoes to find the cooked garlic. They were perfect with the potatoes.
I love a meal that tastes like you’ve slaved over the stove, when you really only spent five or ten minutes putting it in the crockpot. That’s my kind of cooking.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this:
You can see from the photo that I used a jar of Homemade Italian Herb Salt. In the recipe, I’ve given you measurements for just enough for this dish, in case you didn’t want to make a whole batch. I do love this seasoning though. It’s great on all kinds of meats.
- 2-3 lb. pork roast
- 6-8 garlic cloves, whole
- 2-3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbs. basil
- 1 Tbs. oregano
- 1 Tbs. thyme
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- generous grind of black pepper
- 1/2 - 1 cup white wine
- 3-4 cups new potatoes
- Rinse the pork roast and place it in the crock.
- Cut 1 clove garlic in half and rub pork roast with it. Drop in bottom of crock.
- Rub pork with 1 Tbs. olive oil.
- Mix salt, basil, oregano, thyme, red pepper and black pepper together.
- Sprinkle roast with part of this seasoning, reserving some for the potatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, remaining oil, garlic cloves and seasoning.
- Stir to coat potatoes.
- Put potatoes on top of roast.
- Cover and cook 5-6 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.