These couldn’t be simpler, especially if you’ve already got the chicken grilled, sliced and frozen. But even if you need to do some grilling first, they are easy. (If you do need to grill, cook more than you need and stock your freezer with the extra.)
The ingredients can be changed and swapped too. Use cooked chicken instead of grilled, or use ground beef or leftover roast beef. Swap out the Black Bean and Corn Salsa for another variety. Skip the cream cheese and use Monterey Jack instead. Anything goes, and it’s all good.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Serving size: 6
- Grilled, sliced chicken breasts 3-4
- 26 oz jar Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Flour tortillas 7-8
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and put it in a microwave safe bowl.
- Pour about half the salsa over the cream cheese. Warm in the microwave for a minute or two, just long enough to melt the cream cheese. Stir and pop back in the microwave if it needs to melt more.
- Add the sliced chicken to the cream cheese and salsa, stirring to combine.
- Fill tortillas with the mixture, rolling and placing in a greased 9×13 casserole dish.
- Pour the rest of the salsa over the top of all the filled tortillas. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.