I could have called this 3-point BBQ Chicken, because I was literally tossing things into the slow cooker from across the kitchen. No stirring. No mixing. No thawing took place.
We were in a hurry to get out the door at 7:25am. I grabbed a bag of frozen chicken breasts and dumped them in the slow cooker. Then I tossed other ingredients in, based on the Pulled Pork recipe. I didn’t stir or mix, just turned the pot on and let it cook.
We came in that evening to wonderful smells, so much better than if I’d just used bottled BBQ sauce. I quickly shredded the meat and served it on buns. This was the meal we tried out popcorn as a side dish. It had been a crazy, busy day and popcorn was the fastest thing I could think of. I’m pretty sure I threw some apples and/or carrots on the table too. Some nights you’ve just got to get everyone fed. Can I get an amen?
Here’s what you’ll need. No ingredient photo this time, because I was in such a hurry when I made it.
- 3 lb. bag frozen chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups of any combo of ketchup or any kind of bbq sauce (clean out the fridge time!)
- 8 oz taco sauce (Not salsa)
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. dry mustard
- 2 Tbs. vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- Toss all the ingredients into the slow cooker. You don't even need to stir.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8.
- Shred the meat and stir it all up.
- Serve on buns.
*A note about using frozen chicken: I know not everyone is comfortable with this. I do it all the time and we’ve never gotten sick. But if you aren’t comfortable doing it, just thaw the chicken first.