I have a LOT on my plate during any given day:
- Taking care of my kids: 23mo boy and 3.5yo girl
- Working on my school work as I attempt to complete a two-year Masters degree program in one-year
- Homeschooling my advanced preschooler
- Blogging encouragement to women
- Attempting to keep my house clean and my husband fed
By the time dinner rolls around, I’m pretty beat. I don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen at the end of a tiring day, and yet I don’t want to pay a hefty price for carry-out food. My solution? Quick, easy, and inexpensive pantry meals.
The hamburger stroganoff recipe I want to share with you today takes me at most 10 minutes to prepare from start to finish. And, the total cost for this meal is under $5 without any coupons (all the ingredients were purchased at Aldi).
1lb of browned and seasoned burger = $1.89
(I brown most of my burger when I buy it, seasoning it and freezing it in 1lb increments.)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup = $.59
1 container of sour cream = $.89
1 pkg of egg noodles = $.99
Quick and Easy Steps:
- Set water to boil in a large pot.
- Microwave meat (can take straight from the freezer) until hot (approximately five minutes).
- Add noodles to boiling water and cook according to package.
- Add can of soup and container of sour cream to meat and heat one minute in microwave.
- Drain noodles and return to pot – add creamy meat mixture.
- Mix and serve.
We love this recipe at our house, and I hope your family will enjoy it too!
Ashley Pichea is a wife and mom (almost 2 year old boy and 3.5 year old girl), as well as being a blogger, an online student (pursuing an MA in Ministry), and actively involved in her local church’s teaching ministry. She home schools her daughter and chronicles the journey at Teaching Jenny. Her blog, AP Freewriting, has become a place of ministry to women with a purpose of encouraging women with the Word of God. Ashley strives daily to find her identity in Christ, and she encourages you to connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, and BlogFrog.