Eggs, Monterey Jack cheese, bell peppers and a handful of fresh herbs from the garden. Deliciousness in a skillet.
The red and yellow bell peppers were my inspiration for this. I can’t seem to resist them when I’m in the produce department. Hopefully, I’ll be gathering red peppers out of my garden this summer, but until then I’ll have to gather in the Walmart produce section.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Serves: 6 servings
- 3 Tbs. butter
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- a palm full of fresh herbs, chopped – I used basil, rosemary and parsley
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in an oven-proof skillet.
- Sauté the onions and peppers until tender crisp.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, herbs, cheese and salt and pepper together.
- Pour over the veggies in the skillet.
- Let cook over medium heat, without stirring until the middle is set, about 7-9 minutes.
- Place in the oven, under the broiler until browned.