This soup smells so delicious. It only takes about 5 minutes to put together, providing you’ve got the chicken already cooked. I like to keep cooked chicken breast in the freezer for recipes like this. I’ve made the soup twice, once on the stove top and once in the slow cooker. Both ways worked fine, so you can do whatever is convenient for you.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ⅛ tsp. chili powder
- 10 corn tortillas
- cheddar cheese
- Mix all the ingredients in a large pot or slow cooker.
- Bring it to a boil, then turn it down to simmer while you fix the tortilla strips. Or cook on high in the slow cooker for 4-5 hours.
- For the tortilla strips, cut a stack of 10 tortillas in half. Then slice them into ¼″ slices.
- Fry in hot oil in a skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Serve the soup with the tortilla strips and shredded cheese.
I also served Cheddar Muffins with the soup, which was a good combination.
Don’t miss a recipe, menu or grocery list by subscribing to Eat at Home!