Everyone has their favorite foods for the holidays. That box of chocolate is one of my favorite Christmas treats. My parents have ordered Anthony Thomas candy for so many years it’s almost unthinkable that we could have Christmas without that candy.
But there are lots of other foods I like to make too. This is a list of recipes that are already posted here on Eat at Home. I’ll be adding other recipes as we move into Thanksgiving and Christmas. (Look for Cranberry Nut Bars very soon.) I’m also going to be sharing ideas for budgeting for holiday foods.
I’ve broken this list into categories of Main Dish, Breakfast, Dessert and Cookies. Admittedly, it’s heavy on the desserts and cookies.
- Homemade Dumplings – These are great with turkey on Thanksgiving Day.
- Honey Apple Ham Glaze
- Gingerbread Waffles with Vanilla Cream Sauce
- Frozen Fruit Cups
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Cream Cheese Banana Bread with Orange Glaze
- Gingerbread with Lemon Sauce
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Old Fashioned Spice Cake with Caramel Glaze
- Frito Candy
- Cranberry Braid Bread
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Mocha Fudge
- Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
- Cranberry Upside Down Cake
- Pie Crust recipe
- Spicy Pumpkin Pie
- Amish Oatmeal Cookies
- Pineapple Cookies
- Way to a Man’s Heart Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Butterscotch Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- CocoNot Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Black and Whites
- Monster Cookies
In addition to gifts of food it’s sometimes fun to give other things from your kitchen.
- Sugar Scrub
- Doggie Treats for your canine pals
I love this list, thanks so much for sharing. I think the kids and I are gonna try the chocolate cheese ball for the show (and point them to the source of course).
Summer Jo Brooks says
I’m doing a special feature on my blog this month called 30 days of desserts which each day I feature a different dessert from different bloggers featuring their recipe and blog (etsy shops, fb pages, etc.). I came across your blog and was wondering if you would be interested in participating! Just let me know!
Summer Jo Brooks
Author of Believing Boldly