Instant Pot Taco Soup is a fun way to get your favorite taco flavors on a chilly day.
My family loves tacos. I can serve any form or variation, and I know they’ll be a hit – so it’s no surprise that they just gobble up this Instant Pot Taco Soup. Luckily, it’s a breeze to make.
Start the Instant Pot Taco Soup by browning the meat using the Instant Pot’s sauté setting. Drain the grease, then add the remaining ingredients to the pot and start the pressure cook time. The soup will be on the table in under an hour – and most of that time is hands-off, leaving you time to take care of other things.
One of the best things about Instant Pot Taco Soup – like any good taco night – is that everyone can top it off the way they like it. Corn chips or crushed tortilla chips are always a family favorite, along with shredded cheddar. Freshly chopped lettuce, tomato, and red onion are also big hits, along with sliced avocado and sour cream. Basically, if it works on a taco, it’ll work with this soup!
I always pair this with a big salad, it’s a great way to use up excess toppings! Cornbread muffins are a great addition to the meal too.
This soup can also be made on the stove top if you don’t have an Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Taco Soup
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans corn, drained
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 pkgs. taco seasoning
- 2-3 cups water
- Hit the sauté button.
- Add the meat and onion to the Instant Pot and cook until the meat is browned and the onion is soft.
- Remove the pot and drain as much grease as possible from the meat and onion. Return the pot to the Instant Pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Set the manual cook time to 20 minutes on high pressure.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then release remaining pressure.
While you have your Instant Pot out, why not try some of my best Instant Pot Soup Recipes? And then you can move on to some non-soup recipes too! You can sign up for my free Instant Pot School and instantly download the printable recipes, meal plan, color-coded grocery list and lessons. You’ll also find video lessons and an amazing perk that will make the two minutes it may take to sign up completely worth your while!