This is a guest post from Micha at Cookin’ Mimi. Welcome, Micha!
In my family, this is known as Mama’s slaw. I saw a similar coleslaw
recipe on a Food Network show and decided to tweak it to our
tastes. The mix of the crunchy cabbage, creamy dressing, and
slightly spicy jalapeno has been a favorite for about seven years.
Slaw with Tomato, Red Onion and Jalapeno
- 1 head of cabbage small, shredded
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 red onion small, sliced
- 1-2 jalapenos seeded and sliced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, tomato, onion and jalapeno.
- Toss to combine then add mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Mix well, cover and chill for several hours in the refrigerator.
- Stir before serving.
Micha blogs at Cookin’ Mimi sharing her favorite recipes. When she’s not blogging, you
can find her reading, Tweeting or hanging out with the under 5 crowd that congregates at