These Pumpkin Butter Muffins from Kim look amazing!
As much as I love pumpkin spice everything, this is my first pumpkin recipe this Fall! (But don’t get me wrong, I’ve had plenty of pumpkin: pumpkin Greek yogurt, pumpkin cereal, pumpkin bagels, pumpkin cream cheese…well, you get the picture!) I also picked up a jar of Pumpkin Butter on my last trip to Trader Joe’s. When I saw Tiffany’s recent post for Apple Butter Muffins, I knew my Pumpkin Butter had a higher purpose.
I incorporated some real pumpkin into the muffins too. Because pumpkin is a vegetable, therefore making my muffins *healthy*. That’s my logic and I’m sticking to it!
Shockingly, my super picky 7 year old loved them! I really thought once he heard they were pumpkin, he wouldn’t eat them. He ate 3! A little extra pumpkin butter smeared on these warm, heavenly scented muffins didn’t hurt either.
Pumpkin Butter Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup canned or fresh pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Butter can also use Apple Butter
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon raw sugar + 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice optional, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray (or use cupcake liners.)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, pumpkin butter, milk and egg.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture, and mix until combined. Batter will be thick.
- Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin cups.
- Top with raw sugar/spice mixture if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
If you are having a pumpkin craving and do not have any pumpkin (or apple) butter, here’s another pumpkin muffin recipe you might enjoy!
Kim M. is a contributing writer for Eat at Home, as well as the mom behind the mayhem at Makin’ it Mo’Betta. There you will find kid-friendly recipes, quick and easy meals, and an embarrassing number of desserts!